Call to Place Order
Introducing Vega Flex, the newest intermediate addition to the Kai Wa’a Vega surfski design.
The Vega Flex, a flexible surfski that provides both stability and speed for the intermediate and competitive paddler.
Our goal is simple; We want to incorporate more stability to a performance surfski to allow a larger variety of paddlers a greater experience on the water.
LOA: 20’6” Beam: 18.25”
Kai took the Vega design with all it’s great features and made a few adjustments to create the Vega Flex, for the intermediate competitive athlete.
- Width and height: The Vega Flex has a beam of 18.25 inches while the length is 20 feet 6 inches.
- Center: The cockpit walls are a bit lower than the Vega to allow easier remounting and the seat is wider to accommodate a wider range of paddlers.
- Entry: The nose has a little less volume in height due to the lowered gunwales around the cockpit allowing for less resistance in cross wind.
- Profile: The Vega Flex holds very similar lines to the Vega; from a distance they look identical.
- Drain: The Vega Flex has a scupper drain system underneath the hull that allows for continuous and effective draining.
- Foot brace: Adjustable foot brace steering system that is connected to a spring return rudder for optimal steering.
- Construction: Ozone Built 100% Carbon Fiber Prepreg, in single piece construction. Oven cured with 3x atmospheric pressure.
- Customization: The Vega Flex comes in a variety of colors and can include graphics, if desired.
- Pro Model: The Vega Flex is available as a Pro Model, eliminating 2-3 lbs weight. The logos and cockpit can be a customized color, however, no graphics or color changes to the hull, which is brushed primer.
QUOTE FROM KAI